The Sofirn SP40 is a powerful headlamp designed for home, EDC, or outdoor activities like camping, hiking, etc. It can be operated from a single 18650 Li-ion rechargeable battery. The switch controls the following functions: Low-Medium-High, hidden Turbo.
ANSI/NEMA FL1 Chart
|Running Time||220h||15h||4h 10min||1h 50min|
|Impact Resistance||1 meter (3.28 feet)|
|Water Resistance||IPX7: 1 meter (3.28ft depth)|
Notice: The above mentioned parameters are based on tests according to international flashlight testing standards (ANSI/NEMA FL1) using one 3400 mAh 18650 Li-ion battery in Sofirn’s laboratory. Results may vary with different battery or under different environmental conditions.
- Working Voltage: 2.8V - 4.2V
- Battery Options: One 18650 Li-ion battery
- Dimension: 108mm (length) x 25mm (head diamter)
- Weight: 63±1 gram (without battery)
- Flashlight body: Aerospace grade 6061 grade aluminum alloy, CNC manufactured to Military Grade Specification type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish to get solid build body, anti-crash geometry, and better heat exchange.
- Toughened mineral glass lens
- IPX7 Waterproof (submersion up to a maximum depth of 1m underwater for up to 30 minutes)
- Reverse polarity protection from improper battery installation
- Mode memory: Brightness levels will be maintained, it turns on with the remembered mode (general modes except Turbo)
- Advanced Temperature Regulation (ATR) technology: ATR will adjust the brightness level automatically when the driver temperature reaches 55°C to prevent overheating
- Power Indicator: The LEd indicator on the switch blinks in green for 5 seconds if remaining battery power is over 30%. When the indicator turns to red, battery condition is below 30%. Flashing red light indicates low power: replace or recharge battery as soon as possible.
- Operating for a long time in “High” mode will warm flashlight up. This is normal.
- Do not stare directly into beam or point it directly into anyone’s face.
|Battery Type||Dimension & Quality||Nominal Voltage||Compatible|
|18650 x 1||3.7V||Yes|
|Lithium battery||CR123A x 2||3.0V||Not compatible!|
Battery installation: Unscrew the tailcap to insert one 18650 battery with the anode side (+) towards the head, and then screw tailcap back on. Both flat top and button top 18650 batteries are supported.
The switch controls all flashlight functions as follows:
- Short click to turn on, another click to turn off.
- While the light is on, hold the switch to cycle through modes: Low → Medium → High
- Doubleclick to activate Turbo mode, one click to return to last mode.