Making Coffee with a French Press
I make my coffee in the mornings with a 36 oz Frieling French Press in Brushed Finish.
I had previously used a french press from Ikea UPPHETTA, but found it precarious to wash, and I wanted something sturdier that I could rely on to stay intact for years to come.
- Boil about 1L of water in Black & Decker electric kettle
- While waiting, pour beans into Mr. Coffee Blade Grinder with Chamber Maid Cleaning System
- Grind away!
- Pour into the french press
- When water is done boiling, pour boiling water into french press
- Place lid on top of french press, but do not press down yet
- Set timer for 4 minutes and let brew
- When timer is done, press down
- Pour coffee into mugs
Here are the measurements I use:
|Servings||Coffee||Grinder Cups||Grind||Water||Brew Time|
These measurements aren’t as precise as most probably purists are comfortable with, but they’ve served me well in my daily grind and palette.
Frieling 36oz French Press Mesh Screen Replacements
Frieling sells replacement mesh screens, but it’s hard to justify paying for shipping for just a single item.
If you’re looking for alternatives, consider the 36oz press has:
- Diameter: 4"
- Height without lid: 8"
You should be able to get a corresponding generic screen for 3.5"/4" size.