This post originally appeared on little countdown.
- Tsui Wah: Hong Kong style cafe with milk tea. Chain.
- Tim Ho Wan: BBQ Pork Buns are a MUST. This is a chain, so you can likely find another shop; I liked how hole-in-the-wall this place is. Michelin Star rated 🌟
- Xin Dau Ji: A bit of a fancy place with a great view of the Hong Kong side from Kowloon. If you’re there when the light show is on, they’ll turn out the lights in the restaurant to get a better look at the show. Suckling pig!
- Tasty Congee: If you’re shopping in Sha Tin, this is a good little place to get wonton noodles or any kind of noodles. Yum.
- House of Jasmine: A fancier place for dim sum in Harbour City. If you wander around the mall after eating, you may be able to spot some Invader art too.
- Apliu Street Flea Market: Electronics and gadgets. Great place to watch salesmen at their craft: do they ever stop talking for a sip of water? Great for geeks. Lots of highly specialized sellers. There’s a vendor who only sells magnets! 🧲
- Temple Street Night Market: Random assortment of things. I got myself a fake Bao Bao Issey backpack here. Fun little stroll to go through in the evening.
- Sam’s Tailor: Get yourself a fully custom suit made in 24 hours! I got 2 suits and a shirt made for $7000HKD.
Things to see and do and places to go
- Big Buddah / Lantau Island
- Victoria Peak
- Ride a Dingding
- Morning exercise at Kowloon park
- Suicide Cliff Hike
Where to stay
- Novotel Hotel: On the Kowloon side, close to Temple Street