If I could give any advice to all new iOS developers, it’s that they should keep up with the ever-changing iOS ecosystem. Apple pushes out a new version of iOS every year, so it’s important (and exciting!) to keep up with the latest going on in the world of iOS Developmenet. I like to keep my ears on the ground with these resources.
There’s a lot of noise on the web with developers asking questions on how to write code for iOS. Be wary of code you see on Stack Overflow: often it feels like the blind leading the blind there. These blogs are sources I’ve consistently found to have good and useful patterns that have helped me out and to improve my own skills.
- App Store Connect: every iOS developer’s favorite site to re-login to.
- Apple Developer
- Human Interface Guidelines (aka the HIG)
- Screenshot Specifications
- Smart App Banners
- App Store Connect
- Apple Developer: watch WWDC videos.
- SF Symbols
- Xcode Releases: I don’t like updating from the App Store so I can keep multiple copies of Xcode on my machine. Instead, I use the direct download links on this site.